[IVFDF] Re: venue

Liz Connolly esc at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 00:29:55 BST 2000

> ...all told, I think it'd be substantially easier to organise the event
> an hour away in Bournemouth if I could get the complex for the weekend,
> than to juggle displays in the centre of the city, sleepovers in several
> church halls and scout huts, and dances at the Uni. Looking at the
> transport costings, I doubt it'd be that much more exensive either.

I don't see any problems to the festival being in a non-Uni ivfdf-uni town
-I think most towns have their ways and means that work out fairly equal.
The more major problem seems to be organisation - it would mean
non-students being willing to organise IVFDF (assuming that nontown
residents organising is less than desirable) which brings into question
the nature of IVFDF.

I think it would be a shame for IVFDF to be FDF but if student groups are
suffering a decline in numbers and ability to run and organise such an
event, and this is not a reversing trend, what choice is there?

Liz Connolly
(St.Andrews)

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/