[IVFDF] FW: Re: size

Anthony Bearon ajbearon at writeme.com
Thu Apr 20 15:40:54 BST 2000

[ Apologies if this gets through twice ]

From: ALASDAIR GRAY [mailto:9812486 at bute.sms.ed.ac.uk]

> My point was has IVFDF grown too big

I think this is a good question.  One of James' original points was that
the
financial responsibility on the committee is more than a student could
foot
if things went wrong, and part of this is because of the size.

> and who has made this happen?

I would suggest everyone.  It seems to be a natural instinct to always
strive for bigger + better.  Unfortunately this means that each successive
year has a lot to live up to.

One thing that concerns me about increasing the price differential between
students and non-students; this is that the non-student price will be
closer
to those of national festivals.  The closer it becomes, the more people
will
compare against those festivals for what is provided.  I'm being vague
because I'm not sure if this is really an issue.

On a related point.  If anyone knows any individuals at Universities that
you suspect I don't have an address for, could you please mail me their
address, and we'll add them to our mailing list.

Anthony

--
Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival
March 2-4 2001, Cambridge