[IVFDF] Re: Web site (was Whither IVFDF)

Tom Knight t.knight at optichrome.com
Thu Apr 6 14:38:27 BST 2000

This isn't an advert, but....

I'm using freenetname (www.freenetname.co.uk), who have an odd deal.

You use then for your ISP, and you get a totally free domain name.
(www.something.co.uk or www.something.org.uk)
Not just reserved, but registered with internic, the lot.
On top of that you get pop3 mail, web space, usenet access.
The connection to them is via a local-rate number.
I have tom4elena.co.uk and therefore www.tom4elena.co.uk, for absolutely
no
money at all.
The basic conditions are:

1 domain per UK postal address
They reserve the right to put banners on your webpages (but don't yet)
If you break any of their conditions they take possession of the domain
name
If you collect mail from their pop3 or try to update your webpages on
their
server or use network news you must use them to connect to the Internet -
but you can use anything else the rest of the time.

Standard obscenity etc rules apply of course.

Check out their page.

They aren't that slow either!

Oh, hi Bill!

> I've just checked and both ivfdf.org and ivfdf.org.uk are unregistered.
> Is there anything I can/should do for this?

Apologies for the signature but it's company policy. Be glad it's not
html!
Tom Knight, System Administrator

Optimus, The Management Information System for the Printing Industry
Optichrome Computer Systems Ltd.
Maybury Road, Woking, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1483 740233 Fax: +44 1483 760644
mailto:t.knight at optichrome.com http://www.optichrome.com

This is an email from Optichrome Computer Systems Limited.  The contents
of this E-mail are intended only for the named recipient and may be
privileged or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient
please notify us immediately and do not copy, distribute or take any
action based on this e-mail.

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/
for details on how to [un]subscribe.