[IVFDF] IVFDF 2002 - Reps Meeting needed?

James M. Williams James_M_Williams at compuserve.com
Sat Sep 2 20:43:27 BST 2000

Message text written by INTERNET:ivfdf-news at tardis.ed.ac.uk

Is there anyone out there offering to host IVFDF in 2002?
I just thought that someone ought to ask the question!!!!
Julie
Exeter<

A fair question - I'm not sure what the state of affairs with St Andrews
is
- I know the question is being asked (I do have some concerns about
holding
the event twice in Scotland in three years).

Given Manchester has fallen through, please could **ALL** societies
re-examine whether they may be able to step into the breach.

*Do we need a Reps Meeting?*

We already have the gathering discussed at the last Reps Meeting in
Glasgow
being organised here (Braceborough) over the weekend of 28 October. I will
be sending out more details on logistics and a suggested agenda shortly,
but can announce that I've now got permission for sleeping in the village
hall !

 We will undoubtably discuss IVFDF 2002 at least informally at that
gathering.  Given that organising the festival on one year's notice is
even
more work than so doing with a two year run in (I speak from personal
experience of having done both), I suggest that deciding who will hold the
festival in 2002 needs to be decided sooner rather than later - the
alternative is leaving the discussion until the Reps meeting at
Cambridge -
and quite possibly not having a candidate for the following year.

The formal decision can be taken at a Reps Meeting (RM), which can be
called by any five member societies.  We should have a quorum of member
societies present in October, so could  hold a RM conveniently then.  If
we
want to have a RM, one month's notice needs to be given, so we need to
send
out a message to societies by the end of September at the latest.

Please can I ask for your views on whether a RM is necessary or desirable.
I suggest views are informal at present, but we will need a formal call if
the mood is to go for one.

James Williams.

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/