[IVFDF] Re: Bad news

Eldridge Keith Keith.Eldridge at labsystems.com
Sat Sep 2 07:48:51 BST 2000

Jonathan Buchan < jonny.b.uchan at excite.com > wrote :

> I have some bad news: Manchester university will not be able
> to host IVFDF
> 2002 as the no-one has the time that IVFDF demands. I am
> sorry that this
> news comes so late. I hope St. Andrews' plans are suceeding
> (? on spelling).
> his has come after the realisation that I need to spend more
> time on my degree than I am doing now.

I would like to thank Jonathan publicly for all the effort that he has put
into trying to organise IVFDF 2002.  Manchester University Ceilidh Soc. is
very low on members and with even the support of all the active members
Jonathan has done most of the donkey work himself.  He has been the
driving
force behind the whole bid and has personally done all the negotiating for
venues, etc.

It is not possible to run a festival the size of IVFDF without a core of
people to help, which Manchester just doesn't have at the moment.  I hope
that one day the Society will be strong enough to host another IVFDF.

Regards
	Elmo

Note: I will be leaving LabSystems on 17th September 2000.  From that
date < Keith.Eldridge at labsystems.com > will no longer be valid.  Please
use < Elmo at opsis.fsnet.co.uk > for all further correspondence.

--
--Keith Elmo Eldridge
--Södertälje, Sweden.
--Elmo at opsis.cix.co.uk   Elmo at opsis.fsnet.co.uk
--I am, therefore I dance. I dance therefore I am.

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/
for details on how to [un]subscribe.