[IVFDF] Re: Cambridge IVFDF

soc-ivfdf2001-info at lists.cam.ac.uk soc-ivfdf2001-info at lists.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 6 14:11:31 GMT 2001

Lots of people said:

> Congratulations Cambridge

On behalf of the committee, thank you, we enjoyed it.  Thank you all for
coming and dancing your socks of.  Pity some people forgot to take their
socks home with them :-)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Bearon, Norman J wrote:

> As one of the "oldies" around I would be interested to hear in due
> course the "waged" / "unwaged" breakdown of the attendance figures
> again to see how the trend is going.

W/e tickets:  230:166 waged:unwaged.
Sat eve tickets:  67:17 waged:unwaged.

I think Exeter'99 quoted a ratio of 4:3 waged:unwaged.  So the above ratio
(7:5 for w/e, 5:3 for w/e and Sat combined) is even more biased.

> I hope that amongst those of you currently attached to universities
> that no longer have an active dance group (several over the years that
> have fallen by the wayside), you will be sufficiently inspired by a
> w/e like that to go away and start one up - I am sure there are plenty
> of people around who will be willing to supply help and encouragement.

Absolutely.

Anthony

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/