[IVFDF] Re: FW: Where's the web site?

I.M.Thompson at newcastle.ac.uk I.M.Thompson at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Oct 3 09:33:17 BST 2001

Jonathan Coxhead writes:
>On 1 Oct 2001, at 23:08, Pete Humble wrote:
>>>Sorry: I admit that its all my fault, but I
>>have other, and unfortunately more important, things taking up all my time at
>>the moment.
> Of course, it's always possible that more important things come up. However,
> could I suggest that the response ...
>
> > When I get time to sort it out.
> ... is not really the best possible? In particular, given that there
>  are people with the expertise to do the job, *and* the time and
>  motivation to do it, that the job be passed on?

I'd like to second Jonathan's sentiments, given that it is some months
since the question was originally asked. I have every sympathy for
Pete as I know from personal experience that work can be very busy.
however as the IVFDF community is full of people with the relavent
skills abilities that if workload means that people are unable to do
the job allocated to them then they need to come back to the community
and see if someone is available to help.

However, rather than blaming Pete for not being able to have the time
to sort this out, I suggest that we discuss an apporpriate means to
find a solution to this problem from now. It might be better to have a
group of people who can share workload (as is done with scd-info
mailing list)

As others have suggested anything futher on this matter should be
taken outwith this list. The following people have expressed opinions
on the matter and should therefore be included in any discussion, if
anyone else wants to be involved please e-mail me personally (DO NOT

Johann Bryant <river at tardis.ed.ac.uk>
Ian Thompson <i.m.thompson at ncl.ac.uk>
Adam Hughes <adamoutside at yahoo.co.uk>
Dave Holland <dave at biff.org.uk>
Jonathan Coxhead <jonathan at doves.demon.co.uk>
Pete Humble <peet at dircon.co.uk>
Andrew Swaine <aswaine at iname.com>

Regards

Ian
--
Electronic Clinical Communications Implementation - Grampian
NHS Grampian

--
Posted to ivfdf-news - see  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ibb/ivfdf/
for details on how to [un]subscribe.