[IVFDF] IVFDF 2004

richard mason rjmason at exedata.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 11:10:28 GMT 2002

Hi all,

just a brief note to inform you what is happening about IVFDF 2004 in
Exeter.

We are now in the midst of booking our main bands, and as you might have
seen from the main IVFDF website so far we have:

Friday Ceilidh with the Bismarks
Saturday Ceilidh with Committee Band
Saturday Contra Ceilidh with Fiddling Around

So the choice for saturday evening is already a difficult one, how to decide
between two of the best bands in the country - and that's even before the
Scottish dance has been booked.  Since the events are in adjacent rooms I
think am going to be doing a lot of room hopping that night!

Well now the choice for Friday has just more difficult, because we have just
confirmed the Celtic rock sounds of Jiggerypipery, who will be playing for
what is sure to be a very lively concert.  Locally based, they did some
storming sets at Sidmouth festival this year, and are sure to grab the
audience for IVFDF.  They are playing in the room with the bar in it too...
so now you can dance to Bismarks in one room, then slip through to the
adjacent room, grab a drink and jig to Jiggerypipery.

Oh, I guess that you need the dates for your diaries... Its all happening
from 27th - 29th February 2004 in Exeter University Great Hall complex.  I
am sure that most of you know the way by now, and if you don't then just
follow the crowd...

Regards

Richard Mason
Chairman