[ivfdf-news] IVFDF Reps Meeting

Richard Mason rjmason at exedata.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 17:03:56 GMT 2004

Hi all,

in only 6 weeks time, hopefully most of you will be wending your way down to
Exeter for IVFDF.

Plans are well advanced, and as you will have seen our local advertising
effort has been boosted by winning the Awards for All money.

One of the significant events at this year's IVFDF, is the adoption of a
brand new constitution for the festival and its background organisation.
One of the primary aims of this is to ensure that IVFDF is owned by the
student societies that form part of it.

To make sure that this happens, it is vitally important that each member
society gets involved and sends 2 (preferably student) members to the Annual
Representatives Meeting being held on saturday evening at IVFDF.

My aim this year is to start the reps meeting with a vote on the adoption of
the new constitution.  The constitution has been worked on for over a year
now, and its time to put it in place.  If the leaders of your society are
not aware of the new constitution and how it will affect IVFDF and each
member society, then now is the time to bring it to their attention.  The
new constitution can be found on the main IVFDF website
http://www.ivfdf.org/ under the IVFDF-constitution mailing list.
If there are any issues then lets please raise them in the next couple of
weeks, so that we don't spend the reps meeting debating constitutional
issues.  Instead that we use the reps meeting mainly to look forward to
forthcoming festivals and ensuring the future development of IVFDF.

The agenda for this year's reps meeting is available from me.
Its important that your society's voice is heard - and especially that of
the students - so please get involved.

See you all soon
Richard
(Don't forget the Jan 31st deadline for cheaper tickets for university
groups)