[ivfdf-news] Cambridge Spring Fling

Adam Hughes adamoutside at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 13:29:59 GMT 2004

Roll up, Roll up...  Scottish dancing for young people this way...

So everyone is busy getting their discounted tickets for Exeter (you are,
aren;t you?), and while you have your cheque books out, you might want to think
about coming to Cambridge on the weekend after Easter (16th -18th April) for a
slightly lower key, but nonetheless fabulously exciting event:  The Cambirdge
Spring Fling.

The Royal Scottish Country Dancing Society (aka the RSCDS) are one of the
sponsors of IVFDF, and they are funding a weekend of Scottish dancing in
Cambridge for people aged 16-35.

Music will come from Angela Young and David Hall, teaching will be by Duncan
Brown and Debbie Lees.

It will cost more than IVFDF, but with fewer people there (limit of 60) the
overheads go up; but you get a smaller size workshop, and more individual time
with the teachers.

If you are keen now, you can apply for a residential place, which will cost
£55, including two nights and meals in the youth hostel.  If you want to wait,
and reckon you can find a friend to stay with in Cambridge, then you don't have
to apply just yet, you can wait until after IVFDF, and it will cost you £30.
We'd rather you paid the lower amount because the youth hostel takes £40, so if
you pay less, we see more of the money.  Seek out Cambridge people at IVFDF and
make friends... ;-)

Application forms are at the end of the link found at
http://www.rscds.org/youth/ and you'll find most of the local organising group
at IVFDF if you want to find out more.

And why is the RSCDS running a Scottish dance school in South East England?
Because we managed to argue that IVFDF moves around, so the sort of people who
we want to come are used to finding a moving target.  And there is more to
Cambridge than Molly Dancing.

Adam
Director, Cambridge Spring Fling.

=====
Ely (n). The first, tiniest inkling you get that something, somewhere has gone
horribly wrong.         (from The Meaning of Liff, D.Adams)