[ivfdf-news] IVFDF Sheffield 2008 Update

John Brown john at ceilidhcalling.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 09:42:59 BST 2007

IVFDF Sheffield 2008 (29th Feb - 2nd March)
http://www.ivfdf.ceilidhsoc.org/

It is looking increasingly likely that the venue will be the Students'
Union (it's taken a while for them to get to this stage as they don't
book anything more than a year in advance). We have booked several halls
near the Students' Union as sleeping space which will be available to us
for the entire weekend. As a reserve venue we have booked Bradfield
School.

As soon as we know for certain which venues we will have (how many, what
capacity etc.) we will be in a position to confirm further acts. So far
the programme looks like this:

Friday night

      * Ceilidh with Glorystrokes
      * Alternative dance event
      * Late night sessioning

Saturday

      * Workshops
      * Display ceilidh with local band
      * Concert (late afternoon/early evening)
      * Contra with Vertical Expression and Andrew Swaine
      * Evening ceilidh with Gloworms
      * Scottish dance
      * Late night event and session

The University pub has offered itself as a session venue throughout the
weekend.

Sunday

      * Workshops
      * Survivors' ceilidh led by CeilidhSoc musicians