[ivfdf-news] IVFDF 2009

Richard Mason rjmason at exedata.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 12:00:51 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

for those who have not yet heard, IVFDF 2009 will be held in Exeter.

The dates for your diary are Friday 27th February - Sunday 1st March 2009.
The venue is to be Exeter University Great Hall/Devonshire House complex (ie
same as 2004).

The website will be up within the next few weeks, and information about the
continued planning will be posted on there - I will circulate the website
address when it is up and running.

I have today received a written contract for all the room bookings, so
venues/sleeping etc seems secure at this stage - with the one caveat that
the university sometimes remodels the union building, so exact rooms might
change.  Scarily, the contract also includes details of catering, which
includes menus for each and every meal over the weekend - so I can now tell
you what you are likely to be eating in 2 years time!

The thing that makes any festival however are the events that you put on.
We already have plans for concerts to be added to the usual diet of ceilidhs
and workshops, including hopefully at least one very big act.

We do want your involvement at this stage of our planning.  We would like to
hear suggestions from you on which ceilidh bands/contra bands/Scottish
bands/callers/workshops etc you would like to see at IVFDF in 2009.
Also any suggestions that you have on how to make the festival even better,
or just irritations that you have come across at previous festivals that you
would like to see sorted.
The more that you all get involved, the better the festival that we can
provide will be. So please do email me offline with comments and
suggestions, they will be treated confidentially and we will certainly take
them into account in our planning.

Kind Regards

Richard Mason
IVFDF 2009