[ivfdf-news] Transport to IVFDF2009

seonaid.gent at talk21.com seonaid.gent at talk21.com
Thu May 1 21:14:02 BST 2008

Hello,

As some of you may know I have been looking into the option of running a special train to take people to Exeter for IVFDF next year.  The current proposals look like picking up in Aberdeen (possibly), Edinburgh, Newcastle, Durham, York, Leeds (possibly), Sheffield, Birmingham (not sure which station, or if someplace just outside), Bristol and Exeter.  Apologies to those of you in Cambridge, UEA etc, we couldn't find a way to include everyone, although you are welcome to join us at Birmingham if that helps.

Indications at this stage are that this would cost around £50 per person from Leeds northwards and less than this from Sheffield onwards, but obviously the more people we can get on board, the cheaper the tickets will be.  These are the return fares for the journey down on the Friday and back on the Sunday (those of us from the north it may be into the early hours of Monday before we get home).

The advantage to this plan is that we will have a bar (with snacks), you will not be asked to wear a seatbelts, no checking in at an airport and there is even room for some dancing and you might even get to speak to those people that you've seen every year but never quite got round to talking to because you've been so busy dancing.  For those of you interested, there may well be some classic traction pulling the train.

We are also talking to Exeter about helpful things like being able to register (and get t-shirts and programmes) on the train.

At this stage it would be helpful to get some kind of indication about
- whether you are interested (yes, no, only if it's under £50)
- how many people you think are likely to be coming from your group (or if it's just you) - just a rough indication is fine.
- where you think you might board
- anything else you think might be of interest that we've not thought about

Good luck to any of you preparing for exams,

Seonaid
(near Edinburgh)

Yahoo! For Good. Give and get cool things for free, reduce waste and help our planet. Plus find hidden Yahoo! treasure

http://green.yahoo.com/uk/earth-day/