[ivfdf-news] Folk Dance Festival Launch Barn Dance

Gavin Skinner fds_gavin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 09:47:41 BST 2010

Hi -

Welcome back at the start of the new "term" - hope the IVFDF member societies
round the country are doing well at recruiting new members.

As Bristol will be hosting it's first IVFDF in 54 years next year we thought
we'd hold a launch barn dance next week to introduce people to the idea - so
that we'd have something more imminent to talk about at the University of
Bristol freshers fair, and give people a bit of a taster of the main event.

It's happening on Monday, 18th October at the UBU, with The Brewery Band and
caller Phil Bassindale, who is the IVFDF Bristol 2011 President. We're not
expecting people to travel far for this one but if you know anyone in the
Bristol area who may be interested then please pass on details.

FFI: http://www.ivfdf2011.org

Phil and I will be on Bristol Community FM tonight on the Bristol Music Show at
8pm to talk about the launch barn dance and the festival.

http://bcfm.org.uk/

Steve Parkhouse who presents the show is also involved in the Bristol Folk
Festival which is happening next year from 29 April to 1st May. So we'll be
working together in some respects to promote both festivals. I expect we'll talk
a bit about that tonight. Tune in or listen online.

Find out more by following us on facebook or twitter or on
http://forum.ivfdf.org, and I'll send intermittent updates to the IVFDF News
list.

best wishes

Gavin