[ivfdf-news] Warwick Folk ICBINI November 17th-18th

Warwick Folk ICBINI warwicbini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:58:46 GMT 2012

Hello!
As you may or may not be aware, Warwick Folk are running a *Mini Festiva*l *
(ICBINI)* this
term, *16th-18th November*.  We would love for you to be involved!

The festival will include:  Ceilidhs! Workshops! Sessions! Folk Club!
For more details, see below, and our facebook event
here<https://www.facebook.com/events/357569397645785/?ref=ts&fref=ts>
.

Tickets for the weekend will be *£10 including camping*, and just *£5
without camping*.

*How do I get a ticket?*
Email us with how many tickets you want, and of which type, then pay on
arrival.  If you subsequently want to cancel, we'll be sad, but just let us
know as soon as possible.

*Ceilidhs*
The Saturday evening ceilidh will be with the *Warwick Folk Ceilidh band*,
and *Bob Morgan* calling, and the Sunday ceilidh will be a scratch band,
made up of anyone who wants to  join in, and anyone who wants to call!

*Workshops*
We'd love for you to come and run workshops!  We have a variety of
different spaces suitable for dance, music, and morris workshops.
Workshops in pretty much any kind of music or dance (or thing!)
traditionally or non traditionally folk related are welcome!
The plan is to have a skeleton programme put together in advance, leaving
some spaces free for people to sign up on arrival to run impromptu
workshops!  If already you know you'd be willing to run a workshop, please
let us know, either via the facebook
event<https://www.facebook.com/events/357569397645785/?ref=ts>or
replying to this email, and we'll do our best to fit you all in!

*Session and Folk Club*
The pub will be open all day and a space set aside for us to play tunes,
sing, and drink!  In the late afternoon, this will turn into a Folk club,
which a local folk band has kindly already volunteered to run.  If you'd
like to be involved in running a particular "theme" of session (i.e.
English, Irish, Scandi, French...) at some point during the day, please let
us know!

*Accommodation *
For those of you who are not local to Warwick, we have hired a local
community centre, about 20 mins walk from campus, where there will be ample
room for indoor camping.

*Stewarding*
We'd like to offer free tickets to anyone who wants to volunteer to help us
keep the festival running smoothly by helping us steward.  This will be a
fairly relaxed and easy way to earn your ticket - jobs will include manning
the front desk, looking after workshop venues, and sleeping venues,
amounting to a commitment of about 8 hours across the whole weekend.  You'd
also earn the eternal gratitude of Warwick Folk.  And probably some tea and
cake too.  If you'd like to steward, please reply to this email.

That's all for now! Please be in touch if you'd like to book tickets,
steward, run a workshop, or have any questions.  We look forward to hearing
from you! :D

Lots of folky love,

Warwick Folk